Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric number assigned to each individual by the Department of Income Tax. PAN card has wide spread usage and acceptance which makes it almost compulsory for anyone as a document required for verification. If new PAN card is applied online or if you need a reprint of your Pan card, you are probably wondering how to know the status of the application. Both National securities depository limited-NSDL and Unit Trust of India Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited- UTIITSL – which are authorized to issue PAN cards and lets you track your PAN card application status online. The process is simple – all you need is your application number, which you receive via email, once you complete your process for PAN card application.This article will guide you to keep a track on PAN card status.
- 1 To check your Pan card application status, follow these steps
- 1.1 Track PAN Application status online with the help of NSDL
- 1.2 Check Pan card application status online with the help of UTIITSL
- 1.3 Need Help? Please fill below form to Get in touch
To check your Pan card application status, follow these steps
The status of the application could be tracked by sending an SMS. An individual must send an sms that contains ‘NSDLPAN’ space then followed by provided 15 digit Acknowledgement number to 57575. UTI does not provide sms facility.
The Applicant can call the Tax Identification Number call Centre to get an Update on application status. The number for this call centre is :- 020-27218080 or Aykar Sampark Kendra at 0124- 2438000.
NSDL and UTI Infrastructure technologies Services Limited are two entities appointed by Government of India for processing of PAN application online. By following the below steps you can check PAN card application status online:-
Track PAN Application status online with the help of NSDL
Process for checking PAN card status application on NSDL
- Visit status tracking page in NSDL application.
- Select the application type PAN – New Change Request from the option given
- In the field below application type, enter the acknowledgement number which you received through e-mail from NSDL.
- In the image you will see captcha code which you have to enter properly
- Click on Submit.
After this you will get to know your Pan card status.
In PAN Card application status page you will see:-
- Acknowledgment number
- Name of Applicant
- Category:- In this category of applicant is classified into individual, partnership firm, body of individuals, Hindu undivided family, association of person, local authority, trust, artificial juridical person, government agency, limited liability partnership.
- Status:- Contain information like date of dispatch, courier company name, bill number and also the date of delivery.Click on Submit.
Check Pan card application status online with the help of UTIITSL
Steps to check Pan card status on UTIITSL
- Visit UTIITSL application page to check the status.
- Enter the Application Coupon Number which is received on the registered email ID or enter the Pan number.
- Enter the captcha code given in the block.
After this you will get to know your Pan card status in this format
In Pan card Application startup page you will see :-
- Application coupon numbar
- Application type
- Applicant name
- status:-Contain information like date of dispatch, courier company name, bill number also the date of Delivery and Pan number.
We at Afleo are always there to help you. please fill below form to get in touch.